The HUA Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
By the end of 2018, the HUA Clinic surpassed the number of 18,000 dog and cat patients, preventing over 1.8 million births. Beginning at the opening day in October of 2003, the clinic gained huge popularity across the four corners of Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri and Kansas, and far into central Nebraska. A long waiting list of clients grew.
The 35-dollar fee requested by the clinic (and waived if it is a burden) includes tests, vaccinations, and anything else our animal welfare veterinarian and staff can do for the health and comfort of the animals.
The clinic, with its state of the art equipment, operates under the high professional standards of our veterinarian, Dr. James Gigstad of Nebraska City. All patients receive pain and antibiotic injections, and oxygen and intravenous support are available at all times. Recovery time is carefully monitored by the clinic staff.
We send our most sincere gratitude to the benefactors of the clinic who make it all possible. The vicious cycle of reproduction has ended in many feral cat colonies. Pitiful big farm dogs have had their last litter of puppies. Many families of limited means will not face the burden of unwanted litters. Animal rescue volunteers working to end the misery have the help that they so greatly deserve. We thank you for caring and helping with this mission of mercy that is so dear to our hearts.
Support the Clinic
Please make a donation to help continue our lifesaving work at the spay/neuter clinic.
Spay and Neuter Facts
- Based on statistics published on the web site of The Humane Society of the United States in 2006:
- The Estimated ratio of canines to felines is 30:70.
- Feline average years of fertility: 7
- Average number of litters a fertile cat can produce in one year: 3
- Average number of kittens in a feline litter: 4-6
- Canine average years of fertility: 6
- Average number of litters a fertile dog can produce in one year: 2
- Average number of puppies in a canine liter: 6-10
Number of Animals Helped and Births Prevented at the Clinic
|Year||Total Animals Altered||Dogs||Puppies Prevented||Cats||Kittens Prevented||Total Estimated Pups & Kittens Prevented by HUA Clinic|